Powered by Blogger.

Information Technology: How can an IT department best meet the demands of a real estate company?

September Post

Monday, September 30, 2013

It's the end of September, and I am not too satisfied with the amount of work I've put into my mentorship this month. I was able to put in some hours of work in the beginning of September working on some more service integrations with CloudHQ and Zapier. Unfortunately some of the passwords have been changed and I have not yet received an update on what they are, so I cannot show the CloudHQ dashboard (which is too bad because I really enjoyed using CloudHQ). But here is a screenshot of one of the "Zaps" that is being used in Zapier to sync Nimble (an online CRM) with Google Contacts.
Here is a screenshot of one of the "Zaps" that is being used in Zapier
to sync Nimble (an online CRM) with Google Contacts.

Something that I think was also important was creating an IT calendar of important dates for things such as password changes, quota checks, data archival, and domain renewals. I've learned that those are some important routine tasks that
con be influential in a successful IT department (Possible EQ answers!!!!), and that was all from making a calendar to help remind the staff make sure those tasks are not forgotten.
The image above is a Agenda view of the important IT dates
for Jeved Management until Jan 1, 2014.

By looking at the calendar you can see that a pretty big day (October 1st) is coming up, and I will surely be busy completing the routine tasks. But what just may be the most important tasks are the "Service Audit" and "Service Renewal". These two tasks require the IT staff to analyse the usage of the services that are being used and those that are not. Depending on the results, services such as Google Apps will be renewed, while services such as WiseStamp will be cancelled as it is no longer needed (we have decided to replace it with BrandMyMail). A properly conducted service audit can help the infrastructure set up by IT to run more efficiently and to remove any unnecessary expenses. Therefore, I am lead to believe that Service Audits are an essential part of a successful IT department.

1 comment

  1. Very cool. It would help me if you could give specific examples of how these sites are used. I think a lot of other people would appreciate it later in presentations, too.

    ReplyDelete

 

Mentorship

Topic: Information Technology

Mentor
Maria Tarozzi (626) 260-107(four)