Powered by Blogger.

Information Technology: How can an IT department best meet the demands of a real estate company?

August Post

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Over the past few weeks I've spent some of my time working on my mentorship & performing research on my topic. In that time I have come to learn that an important aspect of my topic (Information Technology) is whether or not the technology is accepted by the end users (employees, customers...), this information was from my mentor Maria Tarozzi. This was later supported in articles that I found and used for research, leading me to think that it could be a great EQ.

Currently the company I am mentoring with is trying to move it's employees from older workflows and an Exchange based email system, to a newer system that utilizes Google Apps for Buisness & other online resources. In order to make sure that each employee adapts the new model successfully temporary accounts are being set up (by me) on Google Apps under the domain TeamJeved.com, that will allow us to move users individually over time, then eventually move all the employees back to their Jeved.com accounts which will then be on a Google Apps system.
List of the users under the TeamJeved.com
Example of the company wide signature that will be added to every account using WiseStamp.
A screenshot of the Software Evaluation board under Trello, which will be used by employees to manage tasks and other to do items.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Mentorship

Topic: Information Technology

Mentor
Maria Tarozzi (626) 260-107(four)